_

JOIN US NOW!

Saturday, November 18, 2017

Night Street Photo – In The Park: a Tribute to Brassai


Two nights ago I was on my way home, walking past this park with many street lamps and I thought it would be interesting to make some experimental shots with my Ricoh GR2 along with a transparent plastic bag as a soft focus filter. I took many shots and results vary. Eventually I got this one and since I shot in DNG format I have more controls in post-production.

After much tweaking, I find the image has this vintage feel that reminiscent of the late photographer, Brassai's night photographs in the 1930s. So I decided to pay a tribute to him. I wasn't trying to copy his work but most importantly I was experimenting for fun. I will keep trying and shoot more with the plastic bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment