_

JOIN US NOW!

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

BTS Video: Sculpture in the Park 1 (Day) + 1 extra news

An Enclosure For A Swing
Panorama made with Sony-Ericsson Vivaz phone camera.
 © Martin Liew Photography

Tonight I want to show you readers a short and simple video clip made during my location scout of this sculpture located in the newly developed Bishan-Ang Mo Kio Park. Make the jump to watch it.




The sculpture, titled "An Enclosure For A Swing" by artist Kevin Lim Fun Kit, is set in a landscape which celebrates movement with its meandering waterways and has been designed as an observatory in which park visitors can share a rare intimacy with Nature. The undulating steel ribbons imbue a sense of movement by outlining the intangible space created by the motion of a swing while a non-moveable swing seat inside the sculpture cavity allows you a restful moment to observe and contemplate the wonders of Nature.

Indeed an unique piece of artwork. In my usual practice, I don't really take photos of other artists' work, but somehow sculpture like this is unique and speaks to me in a different way. I'm certainly attracted to this sculpture and inspired to do some night photography. Well not without doing some day shoots and here are two monochrome images. The top one is featured in the video clip. A different perspective shot on the second image, to show more of the curvy contours.



For the very first time, a BTS video on the making of night photographs will be up soon. The BTS video will feature this sculpture. So do stay tuned and subscribe to my YouTube Channel or my Vimeo Channel and/or subscribe to my blogs. In the meantime you can view more images on my website.

One extra news is that a new collection of night photographs will be published on my website in June. Do watch out for the announcement here.

Thank you for reading and watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment