_

JOIN US NOW!

Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Trees of Stone Nocturne in 360 panorama

Here's another excellent panorama work by Wee aka etegration. Click on the image title to view the VR format.

Trees of Stone nocturne in 360 panorama

What are Trees of Stone? Make the jump to find out.

Trees of Stone are "petrified" tree trunks, the preserved, fossilised remains of real ancient trees.

In case some viewers are confused or do not know what are all these about. Nocturne 360 panorama is a collaboration between me and Wee aka etegration, a fellow photographer who is known for his 360 panorama. I was approached by Wee to make some interesting 360-pano using my light-painting techniques. This series is our second collaboration at Singapore Botanic Garden - Evolution Garden.

We made 3 nocturnes 360-pano on that night. So do come back here for the thrid nocturne image.

Meantime, you can view a photograph I made of these trees here. Pleasant viewing.

2 comments:

  1. Hi :)

    I'm Louis Nicholas. I saw your thread on clubsnap and I headed down here.
    I've got to say I'm pretty amazed with your work, it's totally beautiful :)
    How is it possible for me to learn more about this technique and what are the main equipments needed?

    Cheers,
    Louis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Louis, thanks for yr kind words.

    If you haven't read my blog I wrote last December on how Wee and I got together to collaborate on this 360-pano nocturne photography, the blog is titled, Fort Gate Nocturne in 360 panorama .

    Basically I'm the one who provided the light-paintings and Wee did all the 360-pano work. Based on yr message, I'm not too sure which technique are you preferring to - light-painting or 360-pano photography?

    For 360-panorama, you can head down to Wee's website to see more of his work . In his website, he stated how he stitched the images he made in a software, and on what equipments to use to make 360-pano fotos. Pretty interesting. Check it out if you will.

    ReplyDelete