_

JOIN US NOW!

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Quiet Alley

'Quiet Alley'
© 2005 Martin Liew

Quiet Alley

This image was made in a quiet alley behind a bus-stop along Moulmein Road. On the right side of the alley is a Chinese Temple. I used to bypass this bus-stop everyday to work and to home, and I had seen how the whole place looks like in the night time. It has this mysterious feel to me and so I decided to make some pictures there. It took place on New Year Day 2005 on a windy night. I took my time to walk around the area, observing and looking for a good angle shot. While I was exposing, there were a couple of interruptions i.e. people walked by and a white car parked at the road side right at the end of the alley. Well I had to cut short on the exposure timing from 8min50sec to 6min20sec. A smallest aperture of f/22 was used for great sharpness.

Shanghai TLR • KODAK TMAX400 • 6min 20secs

No comments:

Post a Comment