_

JOIN US NOW!

Saturday, July 23, 2016

A Night at Dakota Crescent Serial - Week 3


A Laughing Buddha was found standing under an old tree in the car park behind Block 4 and 6.
The Laughing Buddha is cherished all over the world. He is found in homes, restaurants, places of business and so on. The Laughing Buddha is the Buddha of abundance and happiness. He is also known as the “Buddha of Wealth”. It is believed he will bring wealth and prosperity to a home or business. 

I wonder why this one is left abandoned there. Well, it certainly serves as an interesting subject for my night photography, perhaps as surrealistic as it can get. Here I adapted a low angle perspective and exposed for 8 seconds. There's a street lamp behind camera right and I took advantage of its lighting position to fill in light with my FENIX flashlight, on the Laughing Buddha for a Rembrandt effect.

As the 8-second exposure was enough for the foreground subject, Block number 6 on the light box in the background, was over exposed and not legible. Hence I have to under-expose 5-stops just to get it right. Later in Photoshop I used the stacking and masking technique to show it through as natural looking and legible as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment