_

JOIN US NOW!

Saturday, February 13, 2016

This Used To Be My Playground serial - Dinosaurs playground


It's been a long time since I started out this mini project on Singapore's old school playgrounds. Paid a little visit to one of 2 Dinosaurs playgrounds in Toa Payoh. Make the leap to meet the dinosaurs.



Meet Mrs. T-Rex guarding her eggs with her cub. I can't really quite figure out how little children go about playing in it. It certainly not the kind of old school playgrounds that I used to play in, and I guess it was common in the older days that playgrounds were centred on themes of dinosaurs, fairy tales and nursery rhymes.

Well, our Mrs T-rex here is less popular to her other reptile counter parts; the iconic Dragon playgrounds. In fact, there are two located in this housing estate, with one right opposite SAFRA Toa Payoh, Lorong 6, and the other a smaller dragon playground located in Lorong 1.



I think it's pretty unique to see them as "statue" displays, surrounded by blocks of housing flats which adds up to the surrealism in my nocturnal work.

Four years ago, when I started out this project, I made three short videos on all old playgrounds in Singapore. If you are keen to visit these playgrounds, you can view them on my website here in which their locations are stated in each video.

No comments:

Post a Comment