_

JOIN US NOW!

Monday, October 19, 2015

Batu Berlayar AMTB Battery - An Urban Exploration

Number 2 Director Tower
Tonight I'm thrilled to share with you on my first urban exploration since 2013. I've always wanted to explore this place but do not know how. So I want to thank my friend (you know who you are if you're reading this) for showing me the way.

Weather was pretty good on that day and we made our way there in the evening while it was still bright for visibility. We checked out each empty dusty cobwebbed store room in which broken wooden shelves and racks were found. We climbed up onto two 4-storey director towers for some scenic views which turned out not very pretty because most of its surrounding perimeter were covered with thick foliage and canopies. The image above clearly shows what I mean.

Number 1 Director Tower
One common sight at an abandoned place is the graffito and no exception for this historical fort. They can be seen on the walls in the Number 1 Emplacement and some can be found in the director towers' interiors. My apology for not able to show you any image here.

Despite of its environmental condition, no words can describe how much I enjoyed exploring this place and I was overwhelmed so much so that I only took these 2 photographs during the entire evening. I was trying to find vantage spots for some good nocturnal photography.

As the sun set and darkness set in, we quickly settled down and set up our tripods and cameras, and off we went to create some interesting and fun night photographs.

Coming at this point, I will leave you to your imaginations. So until then in the next blog, I will post those night photographs I made. If you like my work and want to keep updated, do subscribe to my blogs. For more historical details of this Fort Berlayar, click here.

I thank you for your time to read and view my work here.
Good night and lights off!

No comments:

Post a Comment