_

JOIN US NOW!

Thursday, February 27, 2014

The Return of Singapore National Theater

National Theater
This is the former Singapore National Theater, formerly situated at the road junction of River Valley Road and Clemenceau Avenue. It was built in the early 60s and demolished in 1986 due to architectural structure reasons. There's a blog written by our local Singaporean here in which he shares his fond memories of this unique building.

A couple of days ago I was commuting on a public bus travelling along Clemenceau Avenue and I saw a sculptural structure that resembles the distinctive National Theater pointed cantilever roof. So I paid a visit last night and have had a good look.



Despite the sodium-vapor street lamps along the road, the ambience around the structure is quite dark; dark enough to do light-painting. I'm kinda excited about it as it's scarce to find good subjects for light-painting. So here's a shot I took with my mobile phone and post in Snapseed app.

I will definitely go back there to make some good nocturnes this coming weekend. Do come back and tune in for new images post.

No comments:

Post a Comment