_

JOIN US NOW!

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Location Recce: Nissen huts

Last week I went for a location recce of these abandoned Nissen huts in the northern area. To my great disappointment, the whole vicinity is locked up and no entrance or whatsoever is possible.

Read more on the Nissen hut story.


A Nissen hut is a prefabricated steel structure made from a half-cylindrical skin of corrugated steel, a variant of which was used extensively during the World War II by the British Empire and U.S. military to build army camps and airbases.

Here are a couple of panorama photos I took on that day.


It's a pity that I can't do any nocturne photography of this historical structures. Unless with kind permission from the authorized owner, which I doubt they will approve of my proposal. So in the end I took a few more panorama shots in that area before I left for home.