_

JOIN US NOW!

Saturday, July 08, 2006

'TWINS' Projekt Series

'TWINS' #1
© 2005 Martin Liew

'TWINS' Projekt Series

'TWINS' Projekt was formed during my Nite Projekt series. As I travelled around the city by foot, I got to see more things than just riding a bicycle or driving a car with which one tends to oversee or miss certain things or details.

I was intrigued by the symetrical patterns and identical structures of the subjects I photographed. Hence the first impression and idea came across my mind. The subjects make me see them in different ways, metaphorically and emotionally. Well pretty much on personal preference here. It's subjective as well for any viewer.

Anyway I approach this project in a straight forward and conventional way in the fine-art photographic style. In this case I'm not making portraitures as the title stated. I take it as it is at the time of exposing. This sub-series is also an ongoing project which I think will take much longer time to complete. So far I got a few images made and this is the first one for your viewing pleasure. More to follow up.

Shanghai TLR • KODAK TMAX400 • 3min 40secs

No comments:

Post a Comment