_

JOIN US NOW!

Monday, June 26, 2006

Cindy Tan

'Peak'
© 2005 Cindy Tan

Cindy Tan

It goes a long way back to when I first started out Lomography. I came across a Lomo forum where I got to know Cindy. Cindy plays with different types of compact cameras such as CX-A, LOMO FrogEye, Super Sampler, Holga, etc and she shoots more than I do. She has many nice cross-processed photographs I've ever seen which included pictures of her niece and nephew as her role models. Cindy works as a freelance writer and she does wedding photography full-time professionally.

The two B&W photographs featured here were taken by Cindy using her Lubitel 166U TLR on LUCKY SHD-100 film (made in China). 'Peak' was taken during our first night photography outing as I mentioned in my early post 'The Great Monument'. 'Infinity' was taken followed by after we walked to Esplanade Garden right under the flyover, Esplanade Way. We each took a shot. I'll feature mine in the next post.

Simplicity is the main photographic element in Cindy's work. Less is more. These images have a lot to say about the cold and calmness of the night. By playing with shapes and lines in her unique composition or 'art of seeing', a sense of tranquility and peacefulness are present in it.

Lubitel 166U • LUCKY SHD-100 • Timing not recorded

'Infinity'
© 2005 Cindy Tan

2 comments:

  1. Hey man,

    1stly, congrats on your blog. Hehe. I'm enjoying your work very much. I always say I must go out at night to take photos but sadly i'm too beat to do so.

    Wow..those b/w are very nice. You the king of b/w man. :)

    Cindy's works are great too. I've got lots to learn from you 2.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for yr kind words Aloysius! :)

    If you are keen in night photography and wanna learn more, you can leave down yr contact number and email address so I can keep u updated on future night outings.

    Do drop by often for more night photographs. Cheers mate!

    ReplyDelete